Last updated: October 13, 2017
Collection of Information
We collect information directly from you and about you when you visit our Website, use the services on our Website, or otherwise contact us.
Information We Collect Directly From You: We collect information directly from you when you request information from us, purchase a product, or otherwise interact with our Website. The type of information that we collect from you depends on your particular interaction with our Website, and may include: your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number. You also may choose to provide us with demographic information, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites.
Information Collected When Using Intake and Feedback Forms: We collect information directly from you on these pages for the sole purpose of customizing the products you purchase from us. The information contained on these pages are only shared with our internal lab technicians, and as needed by customer support and company officers, such as the CEO.
Information We Collect Automatically: We, and our third party service providers, also automatically collect information about your use of our Website through cookies, and other tracking technologies, including: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times; purchase history, and referring website addresses. We use this information primarily to maintain quality of the service, and to understand how you and other visitors use our Website. We also may use this information provide general statistics regarding use of this Website. We may combine this information with other information that we collect about you.
Use of Information
We use the information that we collect from and about you, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- Providing Our Products. To provide our products to you; for order fulfillment purposes; to communicate with you, including via email, about your use of our products; to respond to your inquires; and for other customer service purposes.
- Marketing/Advertising. To provide you with news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, including via email; to contact you about products or information we think may interest you; and for other marketing, advertising, and promotional purposes.
- Analyzing Use of Our Services. To better understand how users access and use our Website and services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis; to respond to user desires and preferences; and for other research and analytical purposes.
- Complying with the Law. To comply with applicable legal obligations.
- Protecting Our Rights and Interests. We may use your information to protect our rights and interests and the rights and interests of other users of our Website, as well as to enforce this Policy and our Terms of Service.
We may share your information, including your personal information, in the following situation:
- Service Providers. To companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service, performing website analytics, assisting us with marketing and advertising, evaluating the success of our marketing/advertising campaigns.
We also may share your information, including your personal information, for the following reasons:
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the acquiring company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy.
- Aggregate and Anonymized Information. We may share aggregate or anonymized information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, or you can contact us at email@example.com.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged in to the Website. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Website.
- Persistent cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, which may be combined with other user information.
Our Website may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked third-party websites is not governed by this Policy but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third-party websites.
We encourage you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from this Website so that you can understand how those other websites collect, use and share your information. We are not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites other than this Website.
We have taken steps to help protect the information we collect about you from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your account by, among other things, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess and keeping your login and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
If you have any questions about security on this Website, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice of Privacy Statement Changes
We may update this Policy to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified in your account) or post the updated Policy on this Website. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.